How to Sell Your Home
SELLING YOUR HOME IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST DECISIONS YOU HAVE TO MAKE
Below is our recommended step by step guide of the process in pricing and selling your home.
WHAT A SELLER SHOULD EXPECT FROM THE AGENT
- To achieve the best possible price for your home.
- To sell it in the shortest possible time.
- To accomplish the task with the least inconvenience to you.
WHAT GOVERNS THE SALE OF YOUR PROPERTY?
- That it is priced correctly i.e. at the prevailing market-related price.
- The location of the property.
- The way in which the property is presented.
- The selling agent.
A competent agent should price your home according to market history and estimates. If the price is too high and the prospective purchaser does not find value when comparing the price with other properties in the area, the property will not sell. Eventually, this results in a reduced sale price over a protracted period.
Your home should never become stale in the eyes of the market. It is not possible to correctly price a home without determining its value first. We recommend a marketing price established by a Comparative Market Analysis of similar homes sold in the same area. The market determines the value as purchasers know what they are prepared to pay.
EVERY PROPERTY HAS MORE THAN ONE PRICE
- What the Seller thinks it’s worth.
- The agent’s valuation based on the Comparative Market Analysis.
- What the buyer is prepared to offer.
- The final settlement price.
PLEASE BEWARE OF OVER VALUING YOUR PROPERTY
- It loses prospective buyers.
- It eliminates offers.
- It diminishes the agent’s efforts and impacts his/her enthusiasm.
- It limits financing.
- It is used as a “bouncer” to sell other properties.
- It results in a lower price.
Statistics show that a property listed within 10% of the market value takes 60 days to sell. A property listed within 20% of the market value takes 90 – 120 days to sell. A property listed at more than 20% higher than the market value takes more than 120 days to sell.
- What you paid for your home has nothing to do with its current value.
- What you need to spend on acquiring a new home should not influence the value or selling price.
- The price you would like to achieve for your home may not translate to what it’s worth.
- The value other agents attach to your property may not be realistic or accurate.
- The price at which we peg your property may also not be entirely accurate.
- The valuator’s estimate of value may not necessarily determine the market price.
- The current market will determines the actual value of the property.
THE SELLER CONTROLS THE PROCESS. THE AGENT IS THERE TO ADVISE AND GUIDE ONE THROUGH THE PROCESS.
THE AGENT, THE COMPANY AND YOUR EXPECTATIONS
- Choose a professional agent whom you trust. Get to know each other.
- Build a good relationship and understand that a competent agent is not to blame if your house does not sell quickly.
- Contributing factors could be that the property market is quiet, an appropriate buyer has not yet materialized, the price may have been miscalculated or the house or garden may need some cosmetic attention.
- PATIENCE is the key word.
- Remember your PRESTIGE HOMES agent is well qualified, competent and successful. Our agents are motivated by results and happiest when a PRESTIGE HOMES SOLD board can be placed on your property.
PRESTIGE HOMES BELIEVES ALL HOMES ARE SPECIAL. WE PRIDE OURSELVES IN PROVIDING THE BEST ADVICE AND SERVICE TO YOU.